This category contains development-related and API documentation for the Trinity Desktop Environment.
New to Trinity development?
Take a look at the following pages:
- Getting Involved with Trinity Development
- TDE Gitea Workspace
- TDE Weblate Translation Workspace
- Project GIT Information
- Project RoadMap
- TQt/TDE API documentation
- Porting KDE3/Qt3 apps to Trinity
Building and Distributing Trinity
See also pages in Category:Packagers.
Tutorials and Documentation
Qt3 and TQt
- TDELibs API Documentation
- TDEBase API Documentation
- TDEPIM API Documentation
- DCOP, the IPC system used by TDE applications.
- TDEParts, a mechanism for reusing and embedding elaborate widgets into applications (e.g. Konqueror)
- TDEIO, an abstraction that provides network transparency between local and remote filesystems.
- TDEConfig XT Tutorial
- TDEConfig Module HOWTO
- Debugging TDE applications
- Sample Applications
Information in this section should be used with care, as it was not written for the current version of Trinity. However, much of it still applies. If you know of any other interesting KDE3 documentation or tutorials, please add them to this section.
- The original API reference, at kde.org
- The architecture pages detail how everything was originally supposed to fit together. Ported from the KDE wiki.
- On everything from using kdevelop to writing dcop-aware applications to creating window themes. Ported from the KDE wiki.
- Ported from the KDE wiki and verified against a working KDE3 instance.
- Mandatory and optional packages for building KDE3, most of which are still used by Trinity.
C++ GUI Programming with Qt 3
Blanchette, Jasmin & Summerfield, Mark. (2015). C++ GUI Programming with Qt 3. (ISBN 0-13-124072-2)
Things to note:
- Names changed from "Qt..." to "TQt..."
- compiling by hand needs something like
g++ a.cpp $(pkgconf tqt --cflags --libs) -lstdc++
qmake -project ...will not include the TDE folders, so you'll have to add them manually to the *.pro file
- When in doubt check against the TQt API documentation
GUI Programming with Python: QT Edition
Boudewijn Rempt - Copyright © 2001 by Commandprompt, Inc
The main topic of this book is application development using PyQt.
Pages in category "Developers"
The following 76 pages are in this category, out of 76 total.
- Sample Applications
- Session Management Protocol (KDE3 Architecture)
- Specifications for Future Development
- Standard Resources (KDE3 Architecture)
- Starting Other Programs (KDE3 Architecture)
- Structured graphics (KDE3 Architecture)
- Subversion (KDE3 Architecture)
- System Tray
- System Tray Docking Protocol (KDE3 Architecture)